Eagles nest 9-11-18

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Eagles nest 9-11-18

Rockitglider
Hello everyone,

I went to the nest to check up on the Eagles and the male was there waiting for the female to go to sleep for the night, Here's a few shots of the male, she finally showed up but it was too dark to photograph, I did get a little video of it, but not to good. Looks like they are done molting too :) new feathers look good!

Regards, Kit



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eagles nest 9-11-18

Stylechick60
Beautiful!   I sure would love to see you out there one day photographing the eagles!  I would pull over.  Is the area there ok for a small sports car to drive on?

So it’s good to know the eagles stay here for the summer.  Someone mentioned earlier in the year that they go north. 

God bless our eagles πŸ¦…πŸ¦…πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 12, 2018, at 9:34 AM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I went to the nest to check up on the Eagles and the male was there waiting for the female to go to sleep for the night, Here's a few shots of the male, she finally showed up but it was too dark to photograph, I did get a little video of it, but not to good. Looks like they are done molting too :) new feathers look good!

Regards, Kit






If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eagles-nest-9-11-18-tp7575076.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eagles nest 9-11-18

Stephanie5056
Hi Kit

I just passed the nest today on the Sawgrass and saw one of the eagles in the tree!  Where do you take your photos?  I pulled off the Sawgrass and parked and I dont think Im supposed to do that   I would love to go there when you do and meet up with you

I am so glad the eagles are still there  

Stephanie
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eagles nest 9-11-18

Stylechick60
We should all meet one day πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Stephanie5056 [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Kit

I just passed the nest today on the Sawgrass and saw one of the eagles in the tree!  Where do you take your photos?  I pulled off the Sawgrass and parked and I dont think Im supposed to do that   I would love to go there when you do and meet up with you

I am so glad the eagles are still there  

Stephanie


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eagles-nest-9-11-18-tp7575076p7575078.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eagles nest 9-11-18

Rockitglider
Hello,

I would like to meet everyone as well, I already met one person she was also taking pictures and I asked her what her name was and she was from this forum. I believe it was naturegirl, but I really don't have a time that I go, it's usually around sunset because that's when the eagles come home for the day. I am driving a faded dark blue Toyota highlander SUV and I park off of 10th street on the north side of the road, you have to be careful when pulling off the road of the ditches near the sign posts (Drain Pipes in the ground), but other than that it's fairly clear of obstacles and I have never been told by the police that it's not allowed. Hope to see you all soon.

Kit
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eagles nest 9-11-18

Stylechick60
Will have to keep that time frame in mind.   
Thanks Kit!
Tammie 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2018, at 12:11 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to meet everyone as well, I already met one person she was also taking pictures and I asked her what her name was and she was from this forum. I believe it was naturegirl, but I really don't have a time that I go, it's usually around sunset because that's when the eagles come home for the day. I am driving a faded dark blue Toyota highlander SUV and I park off of 10th street on the north side of the road, you have to be careful when pulling off the road of the ditches near the sign posts (Drain Pipes in the ground), but other than that it's fairly clear of obstacles and I have never been told by the police that it's not allowed. Hope to see you all soon.

Kit


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eagles-nest-9-11-18-tp7575076p7575080.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eagles nest 9-11-18

naturegirl
In reply to this post by Rockitglider
HI Kit,

Yes we met  a while I ago. So glad the pair is still around hoping they nest in the same tree. Have you seen their eaglet curious if she is still around ? I usually go on the weekends less traffic and noise and pull off the same place there is a pull over strip on 10th st. I used to go around 8am to catch them flying back to the nest with food. Probably won't go over there till Nov when they would be mating and rebuilding their nest. I drive a small blk car with turtle plate.