Sure Mother Nature is Beautiful!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sure Mother Nature is Beautiful!

MyEagle13
I pass by the nest around noon no eagles around but i find this little fellow perching on one of the electricity cables thinking what to do for the rest of the day, don't know much about them but for sure is BEAUTIFUL dont you think!!

Myeagle13
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sure Mother Nature is Beautiful!

Kelly Heffernan
Looks like a juvenile Cooper's Hawk.  Ken will correct me if I've got it
wrong.  A really amazing flyer that sustains a lot of injuries as it
chases small prey through the brush.  A beautiful hawk that is doing well
these days and could be hunting small prey from up there.

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313

>
>
> I pass by the nest around noon no eagles around but i find this little
> fellow
> perching on one of the electricity cables thinking what to do for the rest
> of the day, don't know much about them but for sure is BEAUTIFUL dont you
> think!!/
>
> <http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/file/n7573851/DSCF1013.jpg>
>
>
>
> -----
> Myeagle13
> _______________________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Sure-Mother-Nature-is-Beautiful-tp7573851.html
> To start a new topic under CURRENT 2014-2015 Observations of Pembroke
> Pines Bald Eagle Nest, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, visit
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sure Mother Nature is Beautiful!

NewMexiKen
Administrator
Its short tail, rotund body and round head are characteristics of an immature Red-shouldered Hawk. The Broad-winged Hawk can be very similar and I often cannot be sure which is which. I will go with Red-shouldered as they are quite common around the nest. Nice shot!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sure Mother Nature is Beautiful!

Kelly Heffernan
Bird ID is so hard without a book in front of you and a good knowledge of
who looks alike!  Unless you're Ken!




Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313

>
>
> Its short tail, rotund body and round head are characteristics of an
> immature
> Red-shouldered Hawk. The Broad-winged Hawk can be very similar and I often
> cannot be sure which is which. I will go with Red-shouldered as they are
> quite common around the nest. Nice shot!
>
>
>
> -----
> Ken Schneider
> Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
> Blog: http://rosy-finch.blogspot.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Sure-Mother-Nature-is-Beautiful-tp7573851p7573853.html
> To start a new topic under CURRENT 2014-2015 Observations of Pembroke
> Pines Bald Eagle Nest, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, visit
>