Use this SUB-FORUM beginning in AUGUST, 2017 for current breeding season

Use this SUB-FORUM beginning in AUGUST, 2017 for current breeding season

NewMexiKen
Administrator
Please post current sightings in this Sub-Forum. We may expect to see the adults appear at the nest during September. Be alert for signs of courtship and nest building.

Normally we can expect the first egg to be deposited around mid-December, but this past season they did not start incubating until early January. This was most certainly due to the fact that in the 2015-16 season they lost their first brood and did not lay a second clutch until early February The eaglets hatched in mid-March and remained dependent until late June, almost two month later than normally expected.

After their late start to this past breeding season, it will be interesting to see if they get back to a more normal schedule.